Wednesday 15 April 2009

Magnolia Down Under Challenge#7

Hi again.

I decided to try out another challenge!! This time, I popped over to the Magnolia Down Under Challenge Blog where this week's challenge is "Sepia".

This is probably not a colour scheme I would have come up with myself, but I'm really pleased with how my card's turned out.
I used Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Tea Dye to stamp my Tilda image and then bled out the colour with my water brush - a new technique for me!! I used Marvy LePlume Water Colour Pens to highlight the sunflower.
Everything else I used is from my stash.
Hope you like it :-)
Penni
X

10 comments:

Debbie Pamment said...

Beautiful job on the challenge - those sunflowers add just the right touch of colour. Love the way you've done Tilda - simple yet so effective.
Thanx for playing along at MDUC - hope to see you again.
xXx

Kellie said...

This is just beautiful, I'll have to agree with Deb, the sunflowers are a perfect added touch to the theme, gorgeous! Thanks so much for joining in with us at Magnolia Down Under Challenges. Hope to see you back again next challenge.
Kelx

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

This is gorgeous, its really looks like a sepia photot! Thanks for playing.
Kristy

Faye Butterworth said...

A nice take on sepia.

Dawn Wheeler said...

Beautiful card lovely colours ,hugs Dawnxxx

Sarah B said...

Love the card Penni. Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. If you ever fancy a crafty get together let me know, Hugs Sarah B X

Sharon said...

This looks fantastic Penni, what a clever way to stamp and add colour to an image. Thanks for playing this week.

Jules said...

Hi Penni - I see you are a new blogger. I too only started last month. Beware - housework stops here!!!! You have some lovely cards on your blog. Have fun. Love Jules xx

Anonymous said...

this is a lovely card Penni, your image looks fabulous. hugs rachxx

Cheryl said...

Such a beautiful card,your colouring is beautiful and your paper tearing is such a fabulous touch!!! Thanks for joining the MDUC.
xx