Sunday 3 May 2009

Bouquet of Roses

Hi everyone, hope you're all having a good Bank Holiday weekend.

My post today is for the Just Magnolia Challenge Blog. This week we were set a sketch challenge.

Here's my offering:-


I had this lovely DP by Making Memories "Vintage Rose Bouquet Crackle" which I thought would look really nice with the Magnolia Tilda with Bouquet of Roses image.

I stamped the image using Adirondack Pitch Black ink onto Canson Manga Art Board and coloured her in with my Copics - I had to miss off her feet so that she would fit nicely onto my large oval nestie - hope she doesn't mind too much!!!!


I mounted her onto a scalloped oval cut from green vellum. The dusky pink paper is the reverse side of the Making Memories DP. I've also cut some Sizzix flourishes in pink & green for the right top corner. The flowers are Prima with a spacer, the ribbon and "Made for You" charm are from my stash.

I enjoyed this sketch challenge and I'm really please with how she turned out.

Thanks for dropping by.

Penni

X

7 comments:

Sarah B said...

I don't think Tilda will mind about her feet. I was blog hopping today and saw a lady cut around the feet the slot them over the nestie before cutting it out, I'll have to find the link for you so you can have a look, Hugs Sarah B X

Bev said...

Oh this is gorgeous! Love the adorable image and the fabulous choice of colours. Thanks so much for joining us this week. Bev x

Stressed Stamper said...

Beautiful - really love your card

Sarah

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

oh penny what a wonderful card.
that ribbon is just gorgeous binded!

Crystal said...

aww she is adorable you colored her so beautifully and that paper wow gorgeous!

Unknown said...

such a great card! Love th ribbon/bow you have used!

Tab said...

Fab card, I love your take on the sketch! Love the image too, so sweet! Love how you have done the ribbon!
Hugs Tab xxx