Saturday 30 June 2012

Copic Colouring Afro Caribbean Hair - A Video Tutorial


Hi

Today I would like to show you a video I made for Copic Marker Europe showing how I colour Afro-Caribbean hair.  I chose a fabulous image designed by Krista Smith at Saturated Canary called Lala .


I find this a very simple and effective method.  I think it could also be used for curly blonde / light brown hair too, but I haven't tried this yet.

I decided to use this image to make a note book


I used the following Copic markers to colour this image:

Skin: E11, E13, E25
Lips: R85
Hair: E18, E28, E27, E29, E77 and E79
Dress: YG0000, YG22, YG01, YG03 and YG06
Bangles: RV63, RV66

Here's a close-up



Other Items used to make my notebook are:

Cinch Book Boards
Cinch O Wires
Cinch Binder
Papers and Card from my stash
Sentiment Stamp from Artistic Outpost
Embossing Folder with Sizzix Big Shot
Mega Deckled Rectangles with Sizzix Big Shot
Gems, Flower, Brad and Button all from my stash


I'm going to enter this project into the following challenges:

The Stamp Man Challenge - Bling It On
Chocolate, Coffee and Cards Challenge - Anything Goes
Totally Papercrafts Friday Challenge - Can You Digi It?
Charisma Cardz - Anything Goes
Crafty Creations Challenge - Embellish It

Thanks for stopping by today.  I hope you like my video.

Hugs
Penni
X

8 comments:

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is fabulous sweetie. I find Afro Caribbean difficult to colour, sadly I use Promarkers so can not follow your lead. Your image for your notebook is awesome. Thank you so much for joining us at Totally Papercrafts this week and good luck.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Scrappy Scatty said...

This is lovely
Thank you for playing along at Charisma Cardz
Love Jan
xx

Kim x said...

Your colouring is just amazing.
Thanks for joining in with our Bling it on challenge at The Stampman.
hugs Kimx

Tameko said...

Absolutely stunning. Great project!

Pop's Cards said...

Fabulous Book in gorgeous colours sweetie ♥Pops♥

marion82 said...

It's beautiful sweetie!! But the challenge is only for cards.
Thanks for joining us at Chocolate, Coffee and Cards Challenges!!
hugs
xMx

you can visit
http://whenthescraphitsthefun.blogspot.com/
for my free digis!!

Unknown said...

I really love the whole finished piece....think I need the Cinch. Thanks for the video.

Sarah said...

A fabulous notebook Penni! Fab tutorial!

Sarah