Wednesday 20 November 2013

Midweek Magnolia Challenge - Anything But A Card

Hi Everyone

It's time for another challenge over at Midweek Magnolias.

This fortnight our theme is Anything But A Card.
I decided to make a couple of Christmas Lanterns



I cut the lanterns using an SVG Kit from svgcuts.com called Stars and Stripes and decorated them using Magnolia Papers Blue Christmas Holly and Vintage Hellebores, both from the Sweet Christmas Dreams 2011 collection.  

I added some glitter to the flowers and pine cones.  I hung some charms and bells using chain and then tied around the tops with some twine. 



Hubby made me some handles using jewellery wire and I attached them to the lanterns using brads.   


I'm going to enter these lanterns into the following challenges: 

Creative Cutting Challenge - Christmas (not a card)

So time to hop on over to the Midweek Magnolia Challenge Blog and see what the rest of our talented team have been creating.  I'm sure you'll find plenty of inspiration for our challenge. 

Thanks for stopping by today, I hope you like my lanterns. 

Hugs
Penni
X

6 comments:

Vicky said...

These are sooooooo gorgeous sweetie, absolutely stunning!!!

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Alexandra♥ said...

Great and original project!

Anne Fenton said...

Great project .. well done Thank yo for joining TTCRD this week.

Mojca said...

Oh it's so lovely. Hugs! MOjca

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

OMG! You made these?? Wow!
They are fabulous.
Caroline xxx

www.creativepointe.blogspot.com said...

Wow! What an awesome project this is...super cool!! Thanks for joining us at Creative Cutting Challenge!
Cindy
DT Leader